Awful iPod Problem Please Help Asap

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by xXDynastyXx, Aug 23, 2009.

1. xXDynastyXx

xXDynastyXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 2g running 2.2.1
    My pc OS is Windows XP.
    I recently got the spinning circle of death while installing a package from Cydia (fiveirows or something like that) and, not knowing what to do, i rebooted my ipod by holding the power and home button. However, my ipod got stuck on the boot logo. So i said screw it and decided to simply restore it. I restored it to factory settings, then i attempted to jailbreak it again, but when restoring to custom firmware an error message popped up.
    Now, when i try to restore to the custom firmware OR factory settings an error message pops up (either error 13 or 1604, and recently 1600).
    Since it is in DFU mode i cannot do anything with it until it is restored.
    I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling itunes, reinstalling QuickFreedom (which i use to jailbreak), restoring to factory settings in DFU mode, and other random things (I've been working on it for 2 days now).
    One thing i haven't done is restoring to a custom firmware created on my computer (for some reason QuickFreedom wont let me create one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried Jawcl's fix? It deals with Connect to iTunes loops but should fix 16XX errors.
  3. roshurwill

roshurwill New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch