Away from home

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TKroll, Jan 1, 2010.

1. TKroll

TKroll New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it correct that the only access I have to my iPod Touch is through my computer and my iTunes ? If I am away from my computer, whatever I have on the Touch is all that there is going to be until I can hook up with my iTunes program ?
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well it doesn't need to be your computer it can be any computer. I've jailbroken alot of my friends iPods and I can connect it to my computer and add apps. Just authorize the computer you are using.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    He means through the internet. I don't know anyway that you can do that, and I don't think you can. At least not yet.
  4. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you mean what I think you mean no, you can pretty much use any iTunes program in any computer both Mac and Windows. BUT the APPs and music will of course not be accessible unless the other computer has the same things on it....
  5. TKroll

TKroll New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, it that was tethered means, that your iPod is really tethered to your iTunes program ? The more I am finding out about this whole iPod thing the more I am not liking it. Although there are many nice, cool, convenient things, there are also many confining, restrictive and propriatory things, unless you want to do something to your device that seems to invalidate the warranty......
  6. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3