Aw crap :( help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mehi, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Mehi

Mehi New Member

apparently i bricked my ipod touch... white screen of death, i looked around for a solution, it seems like i can only give it back for an exchange. so i call apple and book an appointment with an apple genius. the installer.app was on when it got bricked but it was also in the process of a restore so is there any way for the guy to find out that it was jailbroken?

it still on the white screen and im waiting for the battery to get drained...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nightfall

nightfall New Member

Did you try a hard reset? I am not positive, but from what I have read it is restore button plus the home button.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Have you honestly tried all methods of restore? I have never heard of this white screen of death before.
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Post a picture, I want to see what this "White screen of death" looks like.
  5. Mehi

Mehi New Member

omgomg the battery just died... i plugged it in, held the on button for a sec and the battery appeared! ill let it charge for a sec and try syncing it... god i hope this will work!
  6. Mehi

Mehi New Member

7. Mehi

Mehi New Member

IT WORKS! it freakin works w00t... after the battery died i plugged it in, it asked me to connect to itunes, restore, update to 1.1.2 and it was done! sucks that i lost everything i had on it though

8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

OH DUDE! You could have updated to 1.1.1 if you wanted. Now you have to wait until it is cracked to jailbreak again

9. Mehi

Mehi New Member

i have the 1.1.1 firmware file, cant i just install it with that? besides, after jailbreaking it, i didnt know what to do, i still couldnt connect it to my pc to transfer the apps. (i dont have wifi at home)
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

so you are on 1.1.2 now? Try to downgrade to 1.1.1 and tell us what happens.