Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Waffle2jazz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I used to be able to make really good avatars but that was years ago.Now i forgot everything.i have some questions:

1.What is the best program for the job(ones that i can download for free;easiest to use/understand)

2.how do i make avatars(basic question;give as much detail as possible and provide links if possible)

P.S. i do have Gimp and i have made some pretty skillish avatars with it in the past
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    How did you 'forget'? Excuse the cliché, but it's like riding a bike...
    To make avatars, all you need is inspiration. Just think for a while, and see what comes out.

I would strongly recommend you try Photoshop CS4. You can get a free trial at Adobe.com. If you don't want to pay for it, but liked it. Try GimpShop. It's a Photoshop clone-type thing built on Gimp.

Hope I helped.
  3. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks,like years ago a used regular gimp and i really liked it and i was like beast making avatars.Now,years l8ter i go back into gimp and evrything seemed new yet just like it was years back. i forgot how to use all the tools!
  4. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How do you do that...?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have no idea,i just open up gimp and bam! it hit me that i had no idea how to make anything anymore.it was rather wierd actually...then i got hungry so i gave up on teaching myself again. So is gimpshop exactly like photoshop or similiar? What features are different between them?is it the same to make an avatar on gimpshop as it is photoshop?