Availability of New Touches

Discussion in 'September 9th, 2008 Event Discussions' started by mikesta21, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mikesta21

mikesta21 New Member

So, the apple store near me said they will "hopefully" have them tomorrow, but I'm seeing friday on this board.

For me, I have a Best Buy gift card that I need to use, it came from my warranty on my fourth gen click wheel ipod that kept crashing.

So historically, how long is the delay between the apple store getting the new ipod and best buy and other retailers get the new ipods?

I've heard BB likes to release things on sunday, like the iphone, so they can advertise it in the new circular.

Looking forward to using this forum more once I get a touch,

MIke.
  2. dukenilnil

dukenilnil New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I'm curious about Best Buy too
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I went to best buy today and it wasn't available.

I asked one of the employees there (they are idiots sometimes) and he was unaware that new iPods were announced and that he didn't know if I was joking or not... RAWR
  4. mikesta21

mikesta21 New Member

ya the BB ppl near me knew all about it but had no idea when it was coming.

I actually enlightened an apple representative of their new products this morning. When I called she said she knew nothing of the new stuff and while I was on the phone checked her email and said WOW, doesnt that nano look nice? wow! and got all distracted and completely forgot I was calling about third party retailer availability lol.
  5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try seeing if they let you reserve one.
  6. rash219

rash219 New Member

HAH!! its a good thing i work in a retail store......i probably could ask my manager to keep one aside for me....i hope i can apply the employee discount.....>_< i would so go and buy it right now from the apple store if it wasnt for the 500$ gift card....>_<
  7. jetracer

jetracer Member

order it online.
  8. mikesta21

mikesta21 New Member

ya. they weren't available last night online... only the old touches and strangely all the new shuffles and nanos.. but they are up this morning. so yes, buy one!
  9. 3magin8

3magin8 New Member

I was thinking of getting one myself but I've heard they cant be jailbroken.
  10. mikesta21

mikesta21 New Member

that kind of stuff always comes around. i dont think the first gen touch could be jailbroken before the public got its hands on it either, right? i wont get into JB vs not JB, but its true that a lot of apps that used to make jailbreaking worth it can now be obtained from the apple store(often for free).