Av cable that works with itouch 3.12

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by duce, Nov 25, 2009.

1. duce

duce New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there any 3rd party cable that exists yet that will work for the newest firmware?
    Or has anyone figured out how to disable it so that one will work?
  2. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not sure about 3rd party but the apple component AV cables I have work fine on 3.1.2
  3. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have got my non-Apple AV cable working. Google search for "iapd patch 3.1.2". There's a method of doing this yourself described in Italian on a website and they also provide pre-patched files that you can apply (it tells you where to install the file). You will need a Jailbroken device as well as some good FTP software to upload the patched file. Make a backup of the original file first. Of course, reverse engineering the apple software is strictly forbidden by Apple so I won't post links here.

But, as said, I managed to get a pre-patched 3.1.2 iPhone iapd file uploaded to a 3G iPod touch running 3.1.1 firmware.

I have installed TVOut from Cydia that enables me to choose which app I want to allow TVout signal to (as only the quicktime plugin is supported by default).

Hope that helps
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

If reverse engineering wasn't allowed, we wouldn't have a jailbreak buddy. It's our iPods we can do what we want with them.
  5. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I was kinda referring to the fact that Apple don't want their modified software being distributed online. Certainly a fair number of members on this very forum have either been banned or warned over sharing/posting reverse engineered Apple software.

Hardly the most important part of my post to pick up on either...

Anyway, the file in question is found on YOUR device under

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IAP.framework/Support/ipad

and can be replaced. Take a look here at an Italian site, all in Italian. A good Babelfish implementation can help you brush up your Italian, such as Google Translate. Go directly to the end of the page and you'll find some links to different versions.

You'll have to play with permissions AND reboot the device (possibly with the aid of Blackra1n, depending on your device).

Again, works fine for me!