Automatically running apps upon starting ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mikeandike1994, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have searched many forums but cannot seem to find an answer. I have an ipod touch that is set up as basically a wifi phone. I would like to have fring open automatically when i start or respring my ipod just like the phone app on the iphone and have it run in the background. I can get it to run in the background using backgrounder but can't figure out how to edit the file so that it will automatically run. Has anyone found a way to do this? I would really like to know.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    umm... it's not impossible.. but there is no way...

My idea (Just came to me at the last second before posting this reply):
    Umm... can deamons help? or w/e they're called...
  3. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in backgrounder settings, isnt there some list of apps to like always have running in the background?

EDIT: yeah but you have to open up the app first.. i imagine there is some way to do it.. but you would probably have to edit the files so idk
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I suppose it would be possible to modify launchd (basically init for OS X). But I couldn't tell you where to start.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could, conceivably, create a launch daemon that runs the application you want. I have no idea how you would go about doing that, but you could. Probably.
  6. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been looking into the programming of certain launch daemons on my ipod, and was wondering if the programming language used is html. Certain parts of it are familiar to me, like the plist files among others, but much of the coding is completely new to me. If I could find a tutorial on programming for the iPod touch then i could create my own launch daemon, but sadly, haven't found that either.
  7. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah uh, HTML is only for websites. And it isn't really a programming language as much as it is a markup language.
  8. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hahah well said sun.. i love when ppl call css a programming language.. lol
    uhh yeah, i would think the only way to do this is to find where the file is that determines the start up applications... on the iphone, the phone process is automatically started on boot up so i guess it would be in the same file as that..
  9. defleopard98

defleopard98 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, just poke around in "/Library/LaunchDaemons" and "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons". If you still can't figure it out just PM me and I'll see what I can do.