Automatically Add Lyrics

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by dlstc, Jan 6, 2009.

1. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I installed and ran ITunesFriend for iTunes 8/Windows. It automatically went through my entire iTunes library and added the lyrics to my songs, so when I play them, the lyrics automatically appear.

It doesn't find all foreign language lyrics (like some opera) or more obscure music (like bluegrass or old fringe rock) but did great for most of my stuff, like Dave Matthews and Coldplay.

It also had a problem with the way some of the songs were tagged, which I can fix. I recorded some streaming audio and included the band name in the song title which threw off the program in some, not all, cases.

HTH,
    Diana
  2. jimmyjim546

jimmyjim546 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    New to all of this iPod/iTunes stuff but is the iTunesFriend an app you can get from the app store or is it an .EXE to download (if so, where can I find it?).
  3. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can download it here: http://groups.google.com/group/itunesfriend

I am running it on Windows Vista.

It is an iTunes plug in. You install it, then open iTunes. Then run iTunesFriend.

You can automatically sync (get lyrics) for all your songs or selected songs.

Select the songs in iTunes, then click the iTunesFriend song, and sync selected. That's it.

One thing, there is an option automatically selected for displaying cover art in MSN. De-select this. It messed up my album artwork.

HTH,
    Diana
  4. jimmyjim546

jimmyjim546 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

I'll try it out tonight. Just getting started on all of this stuff and it's pretty involved using iTunes but I have been finding good stuff on the forums from people like you.

Thanks again,
    Jim
  5. sherifbasha93

sherifbasha93 New Member

okay i have one small obstacle. i deleted all the music thats on my ipodtouch from my library. so i have the music but only on my ipod. i also have them on myy laptop but its a bit annoyying to go through my laptop and find the exact same music i have onmy ipod. cant that program just go directly to the music on my ipodtouch and add the lyrics right there on the spot?
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Been out of town -sorry for the delayed response.

Once you add the lyrics to the music in your iTunes library, you sync your iPod Touch. It will automatically update the music on your iPod Touch with the lyrics from your library.

Remember to uncheck the Album cover art option in iTunes Friend BEFORE you sync any lyrics. It really messed up my cover art.
  7. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    For those of you who want lyrics to be added automatically on a Mac, download iClip Lyrics. Open it and iTunes and play ANY song in iTunes, and it gets its lyrics.
    It is a bit harder than using iTunesFriend, but I covered a total of 100 songs in a little under 4 minutes.
  8. iPodTouchTapp

iPodTouchTapp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh i use iTunes Friend and it works great, misses out on some songs ofcourse but very accurate otherwise.
  9. •Apple•

•Apple• New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks this really saved some time
  10. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got most of my songs, and a few also had completely wrong lyrics