Automatic Untethered Pack for Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by thebigb, Mar 13, 2009.

1. thebigb

thebigb New Member

Make sure to put your iPod into DFU mode before doing step one!
    (press and hold the top button, let go, and slide to turn it off, press and hold the home button, and without letting go of the home button, press the top button for about one second. Don't let go of home for about ten seconds.

Quick, simple six step jailbreak. Takes under two minutes to pwn your iPod and the restore only takes another five or so minutes. Tested on an Intel Hackintosh and a basic black Core 2 MacBook. Worked perfectly both times. It DOES require the use of terminal, but you simply type commands like "!step1" and "#step2" and EXACTLY what you type is written in the readme file. I was going to write a script to even automate the terminal part, but for whatever reason rslite dies after it gets to the command prompt if run by Expect, and since I don't have a 2G touch and used a friend's to create this pack I couldn't finish the script (as I gave it back)

Anyway, here's the goods. If you have a PowerPC Mac, download this rslite as well and replace the one I gave you with it. Please note that from what I understand you should install libusb before doing this, but for whatever reason I didn't need to. Also, since I'm sure a few people want to see how hard simple it is before they actually do it, I've uploaded the readme separately as well. It's included in the main download, though, so if you want to risk downloading the full 291 MB, go ahead. It's so easy a five year old can do it.

Just a quick warning: I read the rules and I don't see anything that says that I am not allowed to link to something containing Apple copyrighted material (ie. a jailbroken IPSW) BUT it can be considered a controversial thing to directly link to, so I give my most sincere apologies if this isn't allowed.
  2. Ianx3

Ianx3 New Member

Thanks trying it out right now

Please Register or Log in to view images

Do I have to put my iPod into DFU mode at any time?
  3. Coolb

Coolb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tested?
  4. Ianx3

Ianx3 New Member

No luck once again after reinstalling Libusb...

new-host:~/Desktop/2g pwnage ian$ /Users/ian/Desktop/2g\ pwnage/rslite
    rslite - by the iPhone Dev Team, 2009.
    --THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED TOOL--

Connecting...
    Apple Mobile Device not found in Recovery or DFU
  5. thebigb

thebigb New Member

I didn't even need to install libusb for whatever reason (though it could have something to do with the fact that I'm using a Hackintosh) but you DO need to use DFU mode. Are you sure DFU mode is working? Make sure iTunes tells you it's in recovery mode, and make sure you quit iTunes before running rslite.
  6. Ianx3

Ianx3 New Member

I'll try it ._.

I see the problem. I was using the broken USB port xD
  7. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you installed the 10.5.5 IOUSB kexts?
  8. Ianx3

Ianx3 New Member

No, I'm on a 10.4 with a working rslite for Power PC.
  9. Coolb

Coolb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uhh wen do i put in dfu?
  10. thebigb

thebigb New Member

Before you do anything. Put it in DFU before step one.