(Automatic) Jailbreak working with Vista 64-Bit?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rauli7, Oct 12, 2007.

1. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

Hi! I got a Laptop with Windows Vista 64-bit. As you know, iTunes is not working on 64-bit Computers. So that's my question: would it make any problems to use the automatic jailbreak with vista 64-bit? Of course, i don't have iTunes on it installed.
    Are there any things i have to take care of?

...i just visited http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com with my iPoT and started jailbreak.bat..know in the dos-window it writes that it is waiting for iPhone..nothing is going to happen with my iPod (plugged-in).

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Why in the world would you get an ipod touch if you knew you couldnt add music aka itunes ect
  3. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

what's the sense of your post? this thread is here to answer my questions and not to discuss why I bought an iPod.
  4. yomike007

yomike007 New Member

Lots of people have this problem, so lets try to be constructive. I just got an Ipod Touch and I cant even get the damn thing to turn on since all computers in my house are Vista x64. I was wondering if it I sync'd it on a friends old pos computer, and then jailbreak it, could I still have a way to transfer files from my x64 system over to it? possibly through ssh?
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not really unfortunately. I believe the common (annoying solution) is to use VMware with a Windows XP 32-bit virtual machine to handle iTunes and syncing...

Otherwise, although jailbreak will give you access to the filesystem, the music is organized using playlists which are created from iTunes I believe - so changing music would be difficult/impossible... Sorry...