Automatic jailbreak or Manuel Jailbreak?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Myekay, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok ok ok, its been difficult to understand this, i still havent jailbreaked my ipod yet.

ok recently ive seen posts saying that they have problems with there touches, such as "ipod is not recognizable on itunes.", "only 300 mb for storage when its supposed to be 8 or 16 gb" or just plain crashing, such as losing songs etc.

my question is, did these problems associate with jailbreaking??? if it does, with type of jailbreak, the automatic or manuel? i need to know which one, cuz i wanna jailbreak it soon but i need to know which ones the one that has less problems after its been jailbroken?? i believe that the automatic one is the ones that caused all the problems. i also heard that when u do automatic, sometimes it closes when u type in the ip address, and it causes a more and more problems...? so yeahh. id like to do the automatic one, just cuz its easier, but if all these issues happen with it.. i rather stick with the manuel. i can handle the steps for manuel i believe, but i need to know asap!

SHOULD I CHOOSE AUTOMATIC OR MANUEL JAILBREAKING!?? BASED ON UR EXPERIENCES!

thank you!!!! =]
  2. hurricane284

hurricane284 New Member

Automatic all the way it is so much easier to do and almost impossible to brick your touch using the automatic .bat install
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

automatic

I used the automatic jailbreak and once I did it right it worked perfectly. I've had none of the problems that you mentioned. To be honest I did have to restore but that was in my own mistake, nothing wrong with the automatic jailbreak, if you think you can handle the manual you won't have any problem with the automatic.That is just my experience though.
    Hope this helps, good luck with your decision!
  4. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alrighty, ill keep investigating though, maybe those errors people had was from there own mistakes, yeahh but if u do have any problems in the future, please tell me, it'll help!
  5. comocho

comocho Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there is not automatic install for the 1.1.2 version is there?
  6. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not that I know of for 1.1.2, you have to use the scripts given here: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Bricking an iPod is impossible, there is always the possibility of going back to factory setup. You could end up in a scary reboot loop, but even so there is a way out. All you can lose is time.