Automated boot with jailbroken itouch 2g with macro

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Phillyblonds, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Phillyblonds

Phillyblonds New Member

This is my first new thread.

Please Register or Log in to view images

this is mostly for the little advanced users who knows what the hell am talking about :

let me explain, Workspace Macro Pro 6.5 is a program that records your actions on your desktop, it records your mouse movements and clicks and what you copy and paste.

so i thought why not do a macro program and with one click let it run the commands without me even having to do anything, i dont even have to unplugg the usb on itouch , how!!!!

in order to get the macro program to run everytime 100% you have to make sure all your shortcuts are there in place, but its easier to just run everything from dos promt or start-run-"command here"

i recommend using a bat file for boot only , my boot file is located in " C:\iRecovery\boot.bat " and the redsn0w codes in a txt file on desktop.

and to unplug the usb using device manager is better than actually unplugging the usb each time, you might break it, in device manager at usb section it will say ipod, you only need to deactivate it ( right click) when needed and activate it again to get the white screen on ipod.

how to enter device manager in windows xp , either in start-run or dos prompt and enter "devmgmt.msc" .

so when you start the macro program, you click new and it starts to record your mouse movements, so you begin with start-run " path to boot.bat" then when it says you need to unplug the usb go to run again and type devmgmt.msc and find usb section for ipod, deactivate and activate and white screen will show and you hit enter in bat file and follow intructions and just copy the redsnow patch and paste it when asked and finsih the steps.

then you stop the macro recording and save it file name "boot" add it as shortcut on desktop,

so what happend here is the macro recorded everything you did, so the next time you need to boot your iouch 2g you just click the macro shortcut 30 sec or lessand you´re done without having manually do anything .

this may be hard to understand, but its actually very simple.

look it up
  2. atuBrian

atuBrian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch