Autolock SBSettings quickly locks up my iPod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thefan0820, Mar 12, 2009.

1. thefan0820

thefan0820 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm wondering if anybody has an idea of what I can do, short of a restore. I fully jailbroke my 8GB IPod Touch and installed SBSettings Autolock. I turned off autolock so that I could keep on installing my packages without it disconnecting in the middle of downloads, but after I finished I reenabled autolock.

It immediately locked on me. I slid the unlock bar, which showed the springboard for a second and then relocked. I can SSH into it and use DiskAid, and I'm almost positive that Autolock caused it. Does anybody have an idea of how to uninstall autolock from SSH or if I could use a Settings file provided by somebody else to change the autolock time?

Or am I just screwed to have to use a restore?

Thanks for any help that you great guys on IPTF can give me.
  2. rmbell

rmbell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ssh into the ipod as root, then use "apt-get remove sbsettingsautolock2" should do it.
  3. thefan0820

thefan0820 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does this work in WinSCP? Because it just hung on the message "After Removing, 55.3 kb of data will be freed" or something like that. Waited a minute and nothing happened, just gave me: host has not contacted in 15 seconds. Then I noticed that it said that you shouldn't use commands that require user input.

If it doesn't, what client should I use?

EDIT1:
    Nvm, I found PuTTY. I ran it, hopefully it'll work. My fingers are crossed.

EDIT2:
    Didn't work... Guess I'll have to restore; thanks for the help anyway.
  4. Armerad

Armerad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Autolock definitely is the cause, It happened to me too. What I ended up doing, is restart it, then the second the springboard shows, tap sb settings, and hit autolock. If you fail, restart and try again. I Tested it to make sure it was autolock and it quickly locked up again. So I had to do it twice.
  5. thefan0820

thefan0820 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, but I decided to re-restore. Tried doing it but kept on failing at it... And there goes an hour of reinstalling apps (I didn't have APTBackup because my itunes wouldn't backup my files; it would disconnect, and I didn't know about the fix in BossPrefs)...
  6. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This happened to me today. I did some digging in the app itself to see what values it changed and where. I found that it changes the values of /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist
    So to fix this, you'll have to SSH to that file, edit the value of SBAutoLockTime to something like 180. In my case, it somehow got changed to 0 and I wouldn't even get a chance to see my SpringBoard. Save it and reboot your iPod. It worked for me, hopefully it'll work for you.
  7. ChrisFrancia

ChrisFrancia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am currently having this problem, and until i can ssh into it a quick fix was to start the music player and then it would unlock then if i switched the switch on autolock i could turn off the music

edit: fixed mine by simply doing my quick fix and then going into setting changing the dimmer to anything except what it was at the time and then the lock time to something else and it must hav changed(in this cause corrected the 0 in the time display) basically this does the same thing as the person above me sed to but much easier and noob friendly

always try turning on music for some reason it seems to correct alot of things haha
  8. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Except that I couldn't leave the lock screen at all. I tried various things and could not get to the SpringBoard.