Autoiphoneunlocker.com question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chwest, Nov 30, 2008.

1. chwest

chwest New Member

I have an iphone unlocked and jailbroke with 2.01 on it and am looking to upgrade to 2.2 with no knowledge of how to do it without paying someone $20-$30 dollars or purchase a software package to do it easier. Does anyone know if the package offered at autoiphoneunlocker.com is a scam or really good for people who are uneducated at upgrading unlocked iphones?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's probably just another idiot trying to sell Pwnage Tool. Try: www.iphone-dev.org
    They've made the process simple, and it's free. They're the ones who created the jailbreak and unlock for the iPhone and jailbreak for the iPod touch.
  3. chwest

chwest New Member

Do I follow their step by step instructions completely each time there is a new update? Also, will I have to re-install all of my data , music and apps each time? And lastly, if I screw it up is it easy to redo? I have AT&T already, but don't want a data plan, just to use the wifi option to save the 20 bucks a month. They won't be able to tell I am updating and start to charge me will they?

My iphone has BootNeuter 2.0 on it, but I am not sure what it is or does.

I also have a 32gb 1st gen ipod touch, but have never jailbroken it, do I go through the same process with it?

Thanks!