Auto-quit feature in 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tinyman392, Aug 14, 2008.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I hate it, it automatically quits all my apps whenever I hit the home button. Is there a way to turn this off?!?!?! Apps that stream music can't play in the background. If there is an application out there that can fix it, please tell me what it is. It would be nice to have.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    from the appstore? no there's not.
  3. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wait a minute are you trying to say you want an application that stops the home button taking you home...?
    you are crazy. you will have to soft reset everytime you are finished with well anything...
  4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no he wants an app that will override apple's function of closing an app and not letting it run in the backround when you want to use another app
    for example pandora is streaming your favorite music and you want to play crash racing...once you press home pandora turns off...he wants it to continue playing
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They have it set up like this so that you can't have like 30 applications in the background slowing down your iPod Touch. Believe me. You are greatful.

If they were to take this off, you would need to restart all the time. Or they would need to implement a tash manager. Which they already said they hate.
  6. jack.misner@virgin.net

Device:
    iPod touch
    to be fair though, on previous versions of the ipod firmware, jailbroken apps were running in the background... like mobile scrobbler etc...
  7. wazup692006

wazup692006 New Member

arnt they coming out with a update that will alow creators to let there programs to run in the background????
  8. jack.misner@virgin.net

Device:
    iPod touch
    well apple arent. that was the whole point of push notifications instead of allowing apps to un in the background...