<<Auto PowerDown>> WIll automatically turn your device off at a set time!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, May 20, 2010.

?

Should I release this app as free or as $1.49?

Poll closed May 27, 2010.
  1. Free, but with ads and its own settings application

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. $1.49 in Cydia Store, NO ads, settings in preferences.app and more features!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you ever sleep while listening to your ipod or iphone? And if you do then you know that if you don't have it plugged in it will most likely be dead when you wake up. Well have this problem no more!

With Auto ShutDown you set how long you want to wait before your device shuts down, you can choose anywhere from 1 Minute to 6 hours. The best part is you can start the timer from anywhere! You already set the time that you want to wait before your device shuts down, so all you do is hold the power button until the power slider appears. But wait, also under the power slider are 2 more sliders. One is to start the timer, and its as easy as that, you just slide the slider to start the timer and your done! Then you can also access the settings from the other slider.

After you activate a timer, you can always cancel it by holding the power button and instead of the start timer slider, there will be a kill timer slider which cancels the timer and your device wont shut down.

If that isn't enough, when there are 10 seconds left until your device shuts down, you will have a pop up warning you in case you wish to cancel the shut down. Also to get your attention as options you can have your device vibrate or make a noise when there are 10 seconds left as well as the countdown.

When the timer is activated you will also know this by a status bar icon that will appear when it is activated, and disappear when you kill the timer or your device shuts down.

Ok so I know that is a lot of information, but I wanted to create this application because I know I will use it, a lot. So in this thread I would like you to discuss any other suggestions to add to this application or any questions.

I also have one more thing to ask, I am either going to put this application as FREE in Cydia but it will have ads and will have its own setting applications. OR I can sell it in the Cydia Store for $1.49 with NO ads and also the settings will be in the settings bundle so no more clogging up your springboard with more settings applications.

There is a poll on this issue at the top, please vote! And let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or criticism. Thanks.

***UPDATE 5/23/10 UPDATE***​

So here is what I have decided to do. I am going to have a free 'lite' version available in Cydia, as well as the full version which will cost $1.49 and will be in the Cydia Store.

Now the full version has a lot more features, no ads, settings in the preferences application, and more. So far I have completed the full version and am working on the lite. I have included screen shots of the full versions settings. I will include screen shots of the lite version when I finish that. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

As you can see I need graphics for the icon and other images, so if you want to help me out with them, please contact me via a pm or post here. I will put your name in the credits and give you a free copy of the full version.

Screen Shots:
    1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG
    5.png
    6.png

Auto ShutDown is now out in Cydia! ​
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Can't you already do this with the default clocks app?
  3. Just_For_Now

Just_For_Now Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Turn your phone off with Clock app? I don't think so.

Awesome though. I always fall asleep with my iPhone playing music. Really useful

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    very cool
    But dont put any drm on it
  5. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    As for the poll, release both versions. The free one can be a "lite" version and the other a "full".
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    sorry, it will lock the phone, but i thought power down was also an option. guess not, and now, I vote free app.
  7. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I might do this, lite version would have ads, own settings app, less time choices, less features.
  8. User Name

User Name Active Member

Very good idea, I think that you should do the free. But have the settings for it built in to the "Setting" app for the iphone.
  9. Blade19

Blade19 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great idea i am suprised something like this is not out
    I am very much looking forward to see this when you do release it into cydia make a thread to discuss it

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I also need someone to develop an icon and status bar icon for me, so if you areinterested please pm me or post here.