Auto focus and macro lens?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shamim57, Jul 13, 2009.

1. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

Well here's a quote from apple about their 3GS iPhone
    "Tap to focus.
    Autofocus keeps things sharp, and a macro lens takes great close-ups. But you can also tap the iPhone display to selectively focus on anything in the picture — a face in the background, for example."

now I'm like 70% sure the new iPod touch will have a camera which will prbrobly win me over. But do u think the camera will have these features. I don't wanna be takin crappy pictures but with those options they look pretty descent on 3GS. do you think it will come with those features?

BIG TIP IF U BUY NEW IPOD- buy from target because they give you 3 month return policy money back unlike other 14 dAy ones. Or go to jest buy and spend $50 for 2 year warranty or return back(just credit)

Please post your thoughts on this
  2. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think if it had a camera, it would have to have these, otherwise Apple will look stupid. But I really doubt the camera will happen.
  3. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, if the camera hasnt come in the last 2 ipods, its not going to come in this one.
  4. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

Well it would make much sense if they did. iPhone 3GS wasn't really another generation it was like iPhone 3.5 generation. Each generation apple does somethig major with the hardware

1st gen itouch-Internet and wifi
    2nd gen- Bluetooth and speakers

there has to be a reason those holes were placed in the new iPod cases and how ironic it came where a camera should be. Faster processors etc have not much meaning to apple when it's a new generation. They make the product stand out of the crowd
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    *sigh* I guess. But now I am thinking about this. I feel like Apple bought all of those cameras for their upcoming net-books... It only make sense...
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    where do you get logic like that?!?! the first IPT didnt have speakers, the second one does...lets think what the 3rd could have..........

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Saying that there is going to be a camera because each hardware revision has something new doesn't really work. We all know that the new feature is going to be the processing power (and maybe N wireless).
  8. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    or they could of just been FAKE images
  9. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but if it didnt have a camera what would you buy it for?
  10. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i know. i never said that it will have a camera, but i think that its very likely that it will. if you think about it, they made the 3gs because...well what else could you do to an iphone? they have loud speakers, vibration, a camera, 3g; so no worrying with wifi...they already have all that we are lookin for in future ipod touches. i'd say the most logical thing for apple to impliment is a camera.

EDIT: and how exactly do you all KNOW that the new feature will be processing power? there are loads of people who "know" that its gonna have a camera....

i have to agree with this. most people are looking for something big to make them upgrade. not just faster speeds or a mic.