Auto-Brightness help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raxater, Feb 14, 2010.

1. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still another battery prob(im sincerly getting tired of my questions). But i guess this will help me. While I was tired at the end of a day, i wanted to test my ipod by charging it on mp4 player, but since this, battery was decharging rapiditly(at this time, i activated auto-brightness). Is it possible that it's auto-brightness that makes my 4th ipod touch's battery crazy?(recharging itself, decharging faster when wi-fi off, bluetooth off and brightness under 25%)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please help me staying alive while passing through all those battery probs!

2. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wouldn't worry so much about the battery status. The battery level indicator is an estimate, it can't be extremely exact. It will vary based on ambient temperature and the amp draw of the device. My battery often drops below 20%, then comes back up above it.
    Are, you rebooting your device very often? That can take quite a bit of juice. Also, I never use auto-brightness because it didn't seem to work right on the 3rd gen. Maybe let your battery run completely dead a few times to recalibrate the level indicator.
  3. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i do let my battery run completely dead, but i had to restore 1time (i decharged it 3 or 4 times) because of a failing jailbreaking....

but does auto brightness uses a lot of energy?
  4. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think it uses alot of energy. If you are jailbroken, make sure you don't have alot of things running. (themes, backgrounded apps, etc) Just having some little things running can really drain your battery fast.
  5. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try installing a process manager and see if it is another jb app that is killing your battery. I had this one small app kill my battery in 3 hours (even though mem usage was low).

The app I use is SysInfoPlus (free)

Hopes it helps.
  6. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would try dis only i if my ipod were jailbroken, cuz im stuck on 3.1.3