AudioServices SoundID & App Store release

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Gottaa, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Gottaa

Gottaa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi All,

After reading around I seem to keep coming across comments that code such as

Are not liked by Apple when it comes to an App submitted to the App Store and they are likely to fail it simply for the fact I'm using them, which seems abit crazy. The reason I'm asking is currently I'm using it to play various short sounds (beeps, pops, etc) which they are okay with, but I also have a 5 second sound which I'm using (and using a dirty dealloc to stop it playing early if I need to stop the sound early. Now the dealloc thing I'm not happy with anyway and will look for a better way to be able to play a 5 second sound and be able to stop it early if I need to, but should I at the same time look at moving all my SystemSoundID over to the new method as well ?

I know I'm hopefuly, but I'd like my first submission to not be bounced and as I'm getting close to finishing now I'm trying to read up as much as I can about what will/can cause them to deny an app
  2. NolesFans

NolesFans New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. Gottaa

Gottaa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That's pretty much what I'm already doing, and it's working fine (still need to find a better method to stop an audio file that is playing), it's a question more of how do Apple feel about use of this particular function ?
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They won't know whether you use it or not, you only give the the bundle, you don't give them the source.
  5. Gottaa

Gottaa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ahhh many thanks Chicken4eve, from what I had read (obviously by someone who didn't know what they were talking about) they took your source. Right I'll leave it as is then, but will try and find a better solution for stopping a sound that is playing, the dealloc doesn't feel right, even if it does work
  6. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm not sure about the stopping, as I've never had to stop a sound early. That person has some serious re-thinking to do. I mean if we gave Apple our source, we couldn't sneak anything past. Also it could give away company "secrets".