Audiobook and audio podcast distortion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Grogg, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Grogg

Grogg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have suddenly developed a strange distortion with my audiobooks and audio only podcasts. They all seem to run fast and have what I can only describe as a 'wobble' distortion. All other formats are fine including music, video and video podcasts.

I have tried restoring from backup and doing a factory setting restore. Neither action fixed he problem.

Anyone out there with any ideas?
  2. Grogg

Grogg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Seems to be affecting MP3 and M4B files for audio podcasts and audiobooks... no one got any ideas? The fiules play fine on the PC.
  3. briankh

briankh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On your Now Playing screen, there is a toggle button in the upper right to change the speed of an audio book. Put that back to 1x and it should be fine.
  4. Jeffs_Dad

Jeffs_Dad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    briankh,
    Thank you so much for you answer!! This is my second day of reading/researching for this problem. I was truly dissappointed in my iPod Touch 2g, as I'm 62 and I'm more interested into listening to books during my retirement, instead of collecting yet another book case of books.

Take pride in your knowledge that you really helped an 'ol Man happy. jp
  5. bogman

bogman New Member

briankh,
    that goes for me too - you saved me a lot of grief. Ta!
  6. kopfklan

kopfklan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I cannot thank you enough! I was ready to throw my iPod nano out as I couldn't listen to podcasts any longer without the sound being distorted! This worked in just a second......thank you for posting this I will be sure to remember this tid bit of information. I just can't figure out how it got changed in the first place? Thanks again!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images