Audio Sync problems with Xvid Files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -tcq42-, Dec 15, 2008.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whenever I try to convert an Xvid AVI to iPhone format, the audio is out of sync. This happens on several converters, including Videora, ImTOO, iPodME, and Format Factory. I've already installed a brand new set of the Xvid codec too. Anybody know of a way to fix this?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is the file itself, the Pre-Converted, fine? 100%? If so, remove whatever codecs you've currently installed. Install the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) and install Xvid4PSP. Then try converting. Check my signature for more information and links.

You could also try using Handbrake to convert, since it now supports single file formats instead of only DVD.
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The file is perfectly fine. I have CCCP. I've tried Xvid4PSP, it is the slowest converter I've ever used. It ran at about 6-13 fps

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Handbreak doesn't work for some of my videos at times...but I'll give that a try. I read somewhere that it had to do with the fact that Xvid files use VBR for audio or something.
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Conversion is not about speed its about how well it does it's job. Just be patient. What are the specs of your computer?
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know, but I don't like waiting 8 hours for a movie to convert. I want to be able to do things on the computer during that time.

My computer's about a year old. 2.6 ghz Pentium D, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 2400 HD. It's decent at best.
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now you're just over exaggerating. No movie takes actually 8 Hours to convert unless you have ancient hardware. At the most it'll take around 2 1/2 hours (Depending on length of movie. Most will take even less, like 10 - 20 minutes for a TV Show thats 30 minutes long)

If you don't like to wait, convert the movie Over Night. Where you don't have to worry about it at all. That is what I and most other users do. You're going to only watch that movie/show once. And then you're never going to see it again for quite some time. You may even delete it.
  7. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe it's not 8 hours, but a two hour movie can take up to 5 hours to convert. Think about it...6-13 fps, average is around 9 fps. The movie itself (if it is 2 hours) is around 7200 seconds. Let's just say that the movie is 25 fps. Multiply the two and you get 180,000 frames. Divide that by the conversion frame rate and you get around 20000 seconds. Divide that by 60 and then 60 again and you have your time in hours, which is 5.556. I wasn't kidding...

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Overnight is an option, but you should hear how loud my computer is.
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It might be that slow because you have a Single Core Pentium D 2.6 GHz. You need a new CPU sir lol
  9. Harry Paratestes

Harry Paratestes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried cucusoft video converter? Works great with my Single Core Pentium D 2.6 GHz. Takes about an hour and 1/2 for a movie to convert.
  10. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, it's a dual core.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I can convert movies in half the actual play time with Format Factory. Quality lacks a little bit, but it's more than watchable at a 768 kbps rate. I just have the problem with the Xvid video conversions.