Audio Recording apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pranktank, Dec 10, 2008.

1. pranktank

pranktank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    k guys ...a couple of questions:

I've tried recording with the italk recorder app (with the original headphones and new ones) and the voicenotes app and they both dont work.
    The italk app stops after 4kb and when i press play the app crashes, and with voice notes, i press record and nothing happens. Am i doing anything wrong?

Also where is the mic for the ipod touch 2g?
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ummm i dont know how to tell u this but....
    the 2g doesn't have a built-in mic. im sorry. i hope ur not mad.
    apple makes u buy their $30 pair to get a mic. or u could always search here and get a cheaper one
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

There is no microphone built in the 2nd Generation iPod Touch. You could buy the Apple Earphones with the built in microphone for $30 or the Philips iPhone Microphone Adapter for $10 at Target.
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have Griffin Smart Talk, from Mac Mall.

It works with Voxie "web app". At 11 kHz, voice recording is great.

This is how I know there is nothing wrong with the Griffin Smart Talk mic with switch (for music).

I purchased this mic to use for fring.
  5. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    great, so other mics other than the apple in-ear earphones with mic will work then.

Please Register or Log in to view images

how can I tell which ones will and which ones won't though? other than bringing along my iPod to try them out?
  7. iamtherealandy

iamtherealandy Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

HEY Geekgirl! How is FRING working for you? Are you getting the Free VOIP that we are all hoping to hear about.
  8. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hey!

Yes. Not entirely free:

1. If you have a SIP account free to overseas, yes, because fring works with SIP.

2. I am using Skype Out, with fring, inside USA. I paid $10, authorizing "refills" if the account drops to less than $10.

Of course, it is free if you only call Skype computers or Google Talk, for example.

The audio quality varies. The Griffin Smart Talk is fine.

I got WiFinder for signal strength and DSLR "web apps" for latency, download and upload speed to help figure out the performance issues. Maybe it is "traffic".
  9. emergint

emergint New Member

I have the exact same problem - with my recording apps not working... AHA! no microphone! I was going to buy the classic ipod to use as a recording device and the dummy at the Apple store told me i should get the ipod touch instead since it already has a built in mic!

What a jerk - oh well - guess i will get the Philips thing at Target or the headphones but gee - really would rather be more discreet - i want to record my coworkers in the office and don't want some obvious giant cord coming out of my ipod! is there anything smaller? The micro memo is small and clips to the side of regular ipods, not sure if it works with the ipod touch...
  10. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^ phuuuny much. XD