Audio OUTPUT compared to other devices...???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by melissa_davidson, Oct 15, 2010.

1. melissa_davidson

melissa_davidson New Member

Just for the heck of it I plugged my PC amplified speakers into my Touch and although the sound was "ok"... it definitly didn't have the "punch" that my other MP3 player OR even my NetBook for that matter.

Is the audio output on the Touch, by design, weaker than that of the two other devices mentioned? I am thinking of getting a charger/speaker for my unit but I'm concerned my audio output won't be enough to adequetly fire the speakers.

Any input very much welcomed.

Thanks

Melissa

PS: I definitly played around with all the settings on the Touch, including EQ etc.. Clear sound... but with not enough "punch"
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Did you play the exact same song (same file as well) on all 3? If you didn't, it wasn't an equal test. And imo I'd imagine a netbook would be better than the mp3 players.
  3. melissa_davidson

melissa_davidson New Member

Thanks... Yes... certainly kept that in mind for sure. Played several songs. Like I said, the sound was clear just at a lower-level. BTW... when I listen thru different headphones the sound is about the same.

MELISSA
  4. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Well, I dont know what to say. I'm sure they capped it because they wouldn't want people complaining that they blew out the internal speaker when playing audio without headphones.