Audio Books Not Resuming Correctly after 2.2.1 Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by CDD, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CDD

CDD New Member

About a week ago, I made the plunge and upgraded my 1.1.4 IPod Touch to 2.2.1. All went well, or so I thought until today.

I subscribe to Audible for audio books on my long drive to work. I've enjoyed the Touch (at least 1.1.4) in that I could pause the book and pick back up from my starting point no matter what I did afterwards.

Unfortunately, since I upgraded to 2.2.1, I've noticed an issue. The books still resume from the last point where I paused as long as I remain in the book or in Music. If I close Music to go to the Main Menu, any music I'm listening to shuts off (whereas before it kept playing while I used other apps), it takes awhile to get back into the Music app if I try, and all my audio books resort back to the bookmarks that were in existence when I first did the upgrade (so if I was on Chapter 6 a week ago and now I'm on 10, if I get out of Music, the bookmark reverts back to Chapter 6).

This is incredibly annoying and pretty much negates one of the big reasons I have a Touch. Is this something that is a known issue, and is there anything I can do to solve it?

Thanks!

CDD

EXTRA INFO: I've just found that exiting Music causes the entire Ipod to lock up for 10-30 seconds. After returning to the main menu from Music (either with music playing or not), I cannot get to another application or even lock the Ipod for that time. If the music is playing, it will stop at the end of the time when the Ipod becomes responsive again.

And even more info: Since no one has replied, I figured I would also report that videos do not save their playback position either, but retain the paused position that was in place before I upgraded. The "Remember Playback Position" box is checked and grayed out for all music and videos.
  2. CDD

CDD New Member

Fixed

Well since no one here or on other Ipod support forums had any ideas I decided to just go full-out and blow everything away. I managed to fix the problem thru sheer brute force so I figured I would at least pass along what I did in case someone else has this issue. Evidently, doing an in-place upgrade does not work so as a last resort I used "Restore", cleared the Ipod, reloaded everything back on and the playback positions are now working again in music and video. Something screwy must have happened during the upgrade and just needed to start over. Still trying to reload everything (they REALLY need a mass backup feature for photos/music/videos) but looks like it will work.