AuCGI: Send URL from PC to iTouch

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by PAEz, Feb 19, 2008.

1. PAEz

PAEz New Member

Quite often Im browsing the web reading about iTouchs when I see a link I want to check out on the iTouch. Well I got sick of typing them out all the time and made this very simple au3 script....

Code:
    #include "Web.au3"

_StartWebApp(".....")
    Dim $Clip = ClipGet();
      ConsoleWrite("<script>")
      ConsoleWrite('window.location="' & $Clip & '"')
      ConsoleWrite("</script>")
    ...now if I see a URL I want to go to on the iTouch I just have to copy it to the clipboard and then click on a bookmark on the iPod that points to this script....simple, but saves me alot of hassle. Good for sending bookmarklets to the ipod aswell....just add about: to the beginning of the bookmarklet, send it to the iTouch, bookmark it, then edit the bookmark and remove the about:

If you dont know what AuCGI is, I mention it here....
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38630&page=2
    ...but basically if you have a web server on your computer you can use this to communicate with the pc and make it do stuff or get info from it.
  2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can't you just email the link to yourself from your computer and receive it on your ipot?
  3. PAEz

PAEz New Member

I only have a 1.1.2 iTouch and have no plans on upgrading or jailbreaking just yet, so I dont have email.
    Plus with this i dont have to open up my email client or anything, its nice and quick.
    Plus Im using AuCGI for a bunch other stuff, so it just makes sense to me.
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have 1.1.2 and i have email. Well i suppose it's kind of nice if you have the experience in AuCGI. To me, setting the link up and everything seemed quite time taking

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think i'll stick with email. Nice work anyways.