ATTN: Non-theme makers...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by vipfreak, May 27, 2008.

1. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I feel the need to post this or at least discuss it...

Anyway, there are people have created themes that have taken longer than expected or the icons are hard to make. I urge all you non-theme makers to "try" and make your own theme and see how well you do... Now, I'm not talking about taking an image and saving it as the iPod's icon name, I'm talking about actually MAKING an icon.

With this said, I can only hope that this gives you an idea what's actually involved with theme making, that you will have more patiences, and be considerate of all these people that kindly share what they've created with you. "We" are not obligated to share them, make icons, or sit waiting to fill you're requests. Especially, if you can actually make the icons yourself...

Discuss.

Thanks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You make a point, that people cannot take themes for granted. Unfortunately, there are people who do not realize that the makers of themes have other obligations (school, work, family, etc.). Criticism should be respectful and concise.
  3. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

I'll give making themes a go, but I imagine none will ever be released, so terrible shall they be.
  4. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

can somebody send me something to do it with? i have been wanting to make some icons/theme.
  5. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

try GIMP
  6. strachan1

strachan1 New Member

This is very true. It takes a long time and effort to make a theme and when someone says that you are taking very long to update your theme it is very frustrating because some people on this forum come on download what they want and do not contribute at all then tell theme makers or app makers they are taking a long time and they are bored waiting.

(My rant for tonight

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  7. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unfortunately, those people will read this and ignore it or they won't have read/seen this thread and continue their ways...
  8. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow I cant believe people actually nag for themes... I mean I can understand if they nag for a standalone awesome app, but it seems fairly childish to nag someone for a theme. Even I guess I'm not a heavy theme user, cause I like the regular theme myself with a custom background and maybe a status bar of sorts. But other than that I'm fairly contempt. I mean yea there is some themes I do sometimes switch to for a new look "Like SOL by Louie Martina" but I mean its not really something to get that worked up about.

Also I do know how difficult it is to make a theme, even if you are just converting icons to ipod icons is a pain. However there is a very easy way to fix the nagging guys, just ignore the tread and do the theme at your own pace. If you give them what they want when they demand it then they will just come back later and do the same thing since they know that their method works. However if someone suggests something sensible that you could do to the theme, then it would be nice to try it and see if it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways its tricky to handle people especially naggy ones XD, just don't break in and work yourself to death to give them what they want. Make them wait patently and gain some respect, As they say patience is a virtue.
  9. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

I made one single solitary icon from scratch.
    It uses only text, and a simple background.
    but oddly, I'm proud, terrible though it may be
  10. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I am not a theme maker and I totally respect your thoughts. This should go for applications too. Remember WinPwn? rofl...good times good times...but vipfreak...ur Extreme Contrast is just uber madness =P

and also TheAppleTree's Badge (Official Best Theme Ever In Progress)