*ATTENTION*-Redsn0w Problem/Solution Guide!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by iJizz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. iJizz

iJizz New Member

I think I may have the solution. If your having problems with your ipod touch not correctly installing, then this may be the solution. It sure helped me, and I really hope it does for you. I honestly could care less before, but since everyone was trying to help me when I need it the most, I'm going to go out and tell you guys what I did, for my successful jailbreak.

Firstly, if your having problems with redsn0w itself(this means that your not having problems with your ipsw or your ipod), then read this.

If you're getting stuck at the point of the end of the jailbreak where it says either :

-Waiting For Reboot
    -Uploading Ramdisk

This may help. First off, if your using windows xp, you may need to make the program compatible.

Right click on Redsn0w > Properties > Go to the sharing tab > Make compatible with XP.

Then try running Redsn0w and report back here. If it still doesn't work, XP AND Vista users may try this. Right click on Redsn0w and run as admin. Try running it then and report back here.

If your still having problems with the program, try this last resort step.

Restart your computer and tap F8 till the menu pops up so that you can run the computer on safe mode. Try running the program then, and like always, report back here.

*Easy Solutions*

-Try using a different USB Port
    -Try restoring your iPod to 3.0 again
    - Download a fresh new 3.0 firmware and restore with that
    -Try using an older version of Redsn0w
    -Try using a DIFFERENT Computer(look down below for justification)​
    -Try to set up ur ipod as new once you're given the choice. This fixed all kinds of OS issues I was having (as opposed to loading backup settings)[Thanks Instigator]

If through ALL these solutions your iPod is still point blank not working properly, it may just be this. Your computer. It sure as hell was for me. I have a vista x64 bit operating system. For some reason, Redsn0w is not compatible with x64 bit. The reason why you should move computers is, hopefully the computer you move to, is either XP, or Vista 32 bit. It's compatible with Redsn0w, thus the reason why my iPod is successfully jailbroken.

Well, I hope the guide helped you, as it sure did for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Report back here if you have an comments, questions, and concerns.
  2. instigator

instigator New Member

My JB's have been flawless under Windows 7 x64. Like the guide says, run the program as administrator. I'd also add that its a good idea to set up ur ipod as new once ur given the choice. This fixed all kinds oif OS issues I was having (as opposed to loading backup settings)
  3. kal1ch

kal1ch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've tried 2 different PCs now, tried compatibility mode and running as admin on both but I just get that BLACK SCREEN when redsn0w says "Done".

I'll try the safe mode thing now. Fingers crossed that'll work.

What's taking the Dev team with an update? Why won't they release the exploit? If they can't write an adequate application which works for most PC users why don't they let people do it like they did last time?

I'm not dissing them - they're amazing at what they do, but it's a fact that there are too many people experiencing problems with redsn0w in its current state.
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No need for the language, we have younger members on here.
  5. kal1ch

kal1ch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry. It helped expressing my feelings towards the said black screen.
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow, it's that confusing we need a guide on it?
  7. kal1ch

kal1ch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Safe Mode worked!!! I'm just erasing all the data/settings on my iPod at the moment, then I'm gonna do a clean restore to 3.0 just in case and I'll jailbreak again.

Thanks so much iJizz!
  8. iJizz

iJizz New Member

First off, I take the time to write this long guide and people are mocking me? Wow, goes to show how this community follows up around here. No problem dude. ^ I try.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wow, nice guide... should be sticky-ed
  10. iJizz

iJizz New Member

Thankyou. Also a bump for people with problems