ATTENTION: Everyone Who Used AutoSSH To Backup SHSH Files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ownerofspam, May 2, 2010.

1. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I know that in the next few days theres going to be plenty of questions about restoring to a previous firmware now that AutoSSH is out, but I feel a thread needs to be made about this to address this issue.

First off, I would like to state that the only thing AutoSHSH does is not require you to manually get your ECID. As Notcom (the maker of Umbrella) has said, AutoSHSH is just Umbrella put into a better GUI interface, and grabs your ECID for you. I don't have anything against it, but I just think it's a better way for inexperienced users to get their SHSH file.

However, there is a downside. The reason that Umbrella and TinyTSS come downloaded in the same file is that TinyTSS (the only tool that allows local restore) needs the .shsh file to be in the same directory as it.

I took all of this into consideration and now have made it easier than ever to connect the two together.

Download Both Attachments at The Bottom
    1a. Extract "TinyTSS Run Files.zip" to your desktop or my documents, this one isn't important, just remember where you put it.
    1b. Extract "TinyTSS.zip" to C:\

NOTICE: At this point the directory name MUST BE C:\TinyTSS with the three files inside of it. It'll mess up the batch files if they aren't set up like this.

2. Run "Run Autoshsh.bat" and use AutoSHSH to save your .shsh blobs. Make 100% sure you save them in C:\TinyTSS

3. Open "TinyTSS Quick.bat" (Quick64 is for 64 bit machines, disregard if you're not running 64 bit) and follow the directions. When it asks for the name of the .shsh file, make sure you include the .shsh extention.

4. Restore in iTunes. Wah-lah.

Post for questions.

TinyTSS made by Notcom, I take no credit for this tool.
    AutoSHSH by iH8Sn0w, I take no credit for this tool.

Attached Files:

2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To Mods: I can't upload the folder containing AutoSSH and TinyTSS. Is something up with the uploader?
  3. COAndy

COAndy New Member

Do you have to restore to complete the process? I extracted my blob and have it saved in the TinySS folder. I also have 3.1.3 firmware stored in the same folder. Am I all set?