ATTENTION: Calling all Web Developers!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by olicf, Apr 8, 2008.

1. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    In the app i am currently developing I will need a similar webpage to the one that starts up when installer is opened, If you have ever made a webpage for the iphone or ipod before please PM me.

The Rewards: You will receive an early launch of Raptor for iphone/touch and will be included in the credits if you manage to help me enough.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Link to Raptor thread : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55647&highlight=raptor
  2. optimo

optimo New Member

my Safari does not load a page on startup
    unless you mean the Apple iPod page that you get on very first usage

if thats the one you mean, then just check out apple's source at their website and deconstruct it or modify it

I am working on a project similar to yours, want to collaborate? I am a skilled web developer and I made AVPlayer.app
    Working with Objective-C (obviously), and I am always idling in #iphone-dev on irc.osx86.hu

good luck
  3. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    :S Not shure what I was thinking about at the time but I was meaning to say Installer.app .

I would love to collaborate with you but the problem is that I am working with 'jiggy' (looks down with feeling of pity*) currently so I'm not shore we could really work together.

Also I like to consider myself as a skilled web developer but I am currently too busy writing the app and i would like to work with someone experienced in iphone web apps development so I can get this program off the ground quickly

4. optimo

optimo New Member

ok. well, the front page of installer is made using built-in UI components for the cocoa touch platform.

you could replicate it with HTML, I'm fairly sure. but I'm not sure how jiggy lets you do this. but, I've seen enough jiggy apps to say you may be able to build the screen similarly to the way that I would with the SDK.

If you need help with jiggy, why not ask a few of the jiggy developers. I'm almost certain you could make something close without resorting to HTML.

btw, are you intimidated by the objective-C code. or are you comfortable enough with javascript that you choose to use it for development? either way, i think jiggy does a pretty good job for simple app development.
  5. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks

but I know how to do all of this in jiggy and I don't need any help

It's just that I figured the easiest way of getting regularly updated news to load in an app would be to simply open a web page from within the webView. If I wanted, I could create a UIPreferanceTable and configure that to pull data off of a server but this would take longer and would be less flexible.

I have never tried to work in objective-C code and I dont think I can as my laptop is running vista

I am saving up for a macbook or a macbook pro at the moment so that I can start to get into proper development using the SDK,
    but ye ..... I am extremely impressed with jiggy and what you can achive with it.
    It is very simple to understand the javascript and there's not much you 'cant' build with it

People just start to judge how much jiggy can do by the really basic apps that beginners have created 'badly' and there are only about 3 or 4 apps that show jiggys power.

6. optimo

optimo New Member

7. krysus

krysus New Member

To make a web app look similar to a native app, you can use the iUI code library...

I used it to give iphpPod a nice interface.

Have a search on googlecode...