attempted to jailbreak, having issues.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shockbizzle, Mar 24, 2009.

1. shockbizzle

shockbizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, im a noob at this stuff. i followed the steps, and got to the "put into DFU mode" part. i did the whole 10 seconds-7 seconds deal and my CPU made the alert chimes. however, my ipod is now a black screen....and wont power on, nor get recognized by my itunes.

i have no idea what happened, and I fear I have bricked it or something. any ideas?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OK, so i did the DFU steps again and the boot screen came up (the apple logo) but now its stuck there. =/
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hold home and power for 10 seconds.
    Release power and hold home until it appears in iTunes. Don't let go. and if you see anything other than a black screen you did DFU wrong, so try again.
  3. shockbizzle

shockbizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, now im having issues with my cpu. I restarted it to see if itunes would recognize it after a restart, but now my mouse wont work (cursor is there, just wont move). my printer doesnt connect, internet wont connect, etc. the cpu runs and everything .... everything just shows up as disconnected i guess.

im on vista. did i not do the compadability thing right with that one program? any idea on what may have happened?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok, I think I forgot to run as admin before switching compatability with the program., which in turn caused it to not work. now all the things that connect via usb dont connect. how can I correct this?
  4. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uninstall LibUSB in Safe Mode. then restart your computer.
    After that, right click on the LibUSB Installer, and go to propterties, then change the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Then, right click and Run as Admin.

Unless you're on a 64 Bit computer, which would require you to use a different method to install LibUSB.
  5. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

I had this same exact problem.. all my USB crap went dead.. I couldnt even get it to work in safe mode.. are you having this same problem?
  6. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have to uninstall LibUSB. After you uninstall it and restart your computer, it should work fine.
    That's what I did on my Brother's laptop, since at the time, I didn't know that it would mess up a 64 bit computer.
  7. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

The trick is.. uninstalling without a mouse or keyboard =P
  8. bluesniper_21

bluesniper_21 New Member

can i ask you guyz.. how long does it take to reboot my ipod touch in its newly modified state?? i am trying to jailbroke it and now that it is finished it says that wait for your device to reboot in its newly modified state..
  9. RazorLeafs

RazorLeafs New Member

''i have no idea what happened, and I fear I have bricked it or something. any ideas?''

Dont worry, it cant brick
  10. shockbizzle

shockbizzle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you. I did everything correctly. I just forgot to run as admin. that messed me up. I appriciate your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images