[Attachment] Currency Converter App [Simulator Copy]

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by allbrokeup, Oct 4, 2008.

1. allbrokeup

allbrokeup New Member

View attachment iConvert.app.zip

This is the compiled application from my Currency Converter tutorial. Well, that's sort of a lie...It's the simulator copy, so you can save the real stuff for when you make and compile it yourself for Devices.

SPOILER BELOW **Highlight to view** involves Xcode SDK apps to be on device for free. SPOILER BELOW

Now...

If you aren't an Apple developer, type in Terminal:

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Press return.

Then, move a build of your compiled for Device application to your Home Folder. Get a Codesign Identity from Apple, just do it in Keychain Access in Utilities - File > Certificate Assistant > Create New Certificate. Follow the first few prompts, then check "Override Default". Click Next, choose Codesign Identity (look around

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and enter a 20 year validation date. Follow all default settings after this. MAKE SURE it is a name that you can remember, preferably with no spaces. E.G. "Yourfirstname" Not: "iPhone Developer".

Then go back to terminal.

Type in:

codesign -fs "Certificate Name" APP_NAME.app

Press return.

Then, SSH in the Application into your Device. If you aren't jailbroken (And, this method is in Cydia, so its OK to follow):

Goto: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/ and open Info.plist and set PROVISIONING_PROFILE_ALLOWED to NO and PROVISIONING_PROFILE_REQUIRED to NO.

This allows you to directly upload apps to your non-jailbroken device.

(This method is all over the net and as far as I know it is legal. Anyone who wishes to complain, PM me, and I will delete this post and place back something pretty

)
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

3. allbrokeup

allbrokeup New Member

Point taken

, but, here it's all in one place, I would rather this any day than scouring the net for my answers.

Cheers!