AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b-mac 39, Apr 13, 2010.

1. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, I got stuck in the endless bootloop with my 3G , so after much deliberation, I decided to restore. I already had my SHSH stored with Saurik, so I was able to restore to 3.1.2.

Here's the fun part:

When I restore, I look at the top of the screen only to see the dreaded one bar with no carrier. I figure, "wait a second, it'll pick it up". So I wait... and wait... and wait... to no avail. Crap. So I now have a phone that doesn't have a phone number. That's just dandy. I tried calling the phone number I know I had before I restored, but it just said "call failed". On top of this, I have no wi-fi, which was the reason I restored in the first place. So, not only do I not have a phone, but my former iPhone now can't connect to the internet.

That's just... (lets voice trail off in frustration)

Then, a breakthrough! I managed to obtain wifi for a few minutes, during which I installed blackra1n, and was very eager to get my lovely Cydia and Rock back, and boom. There goes the wifi. DAMNIT! (rage ensues)

So, currently I have an iPhone that can't text, make calls, connect to the internet, or download Rock or Cydia.

My reaction is basically the end of this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k

Any help? At all? Please?

UPDATE: Now, when going into Settings > general > network, network will not open and settings will freeze and become unresponsive. Wifi also says that it works, it shows the bars in the top corner, but still no internet.

Please, any help would be beneficial. Please.
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Your phone has to active with via iTunes. Have you left it plugged up to a computer with internet and iTunes open?
  3. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, I have. I even synced all my music and apps back on to it. I know the Internet is working because I am typing this from my iPod.
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's weird.. =/
  5. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'll try DFU restore now. I'll report back in a bit.

UPDATE: I couldn't get into DFU, for some reason. Oh, well. I restored to 3.1.3 and all went well. Now to try to shift-restore to 3.1.2 again, before it syncs anything back on, so I don't waste more time. Wish me luck.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Option-restoring to 3.1.2 didn't work. It gets to "restoring iPhone firmware" and is 99% done, and then it gets error 1015. Anyone know what in the world that means?
    New update: I got in DFU! YAY! Restoring to 3.1.2 now. On "waiting for iPhone".
    Well, suprise, suprise! I got to the error 1015, and I decided to run iRecovery, just for the heck of it. It boots up! Verified with iTunes, synced, and jailbroken. Yay!
  6. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ah, good work! I was in the same boat as you earlier, only I used Redsn0w but with the already pwned option to boot back up.

It's funny how it tricks you into thinking it never restored, or that there's no OS on there

Please Register or Log in to view images