AT&T without data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erichuynh05, May 27, 2010.

1. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I bought an iPhone 3G back in January of 2009 and I just slipped my AT&T sim card in and started using it without a data plan. A couple days ago AT&T told me they added an iPhone data plan to my plan, because I own an iPhone. Is there anyway I can not have a data plan and still use my iPhone?
  2. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmmmmmm my friend uses his iPhone without the data plan (3G right?). Idk i'll ask him how when i see him tomorrow
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Tell them that you changed phones. And that you have a new one now.
  4. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    problem with that is they do a phone check every so often and they know what phone you have by checking the IMEI number.
  5. TheiPodTouch

TheiPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i like ur signature lols
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Put your SIM card back in your old phone and call at&t and have them block all data. Then put your SIM card back into your 3g and enjoy. Had my 2G and 3G at launch with data blocked on my old phone. AT&T never bothered me.
  7. Hardkaare

Hardkaare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Or go to "unlockit.co.nz" from your iphone, It will change the apn.
  8. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Surely just tell them to remove it? They can't add something to your contract without your permission. But tell them you don't want a data plan! You dont plan to use the iPhone for mobile internet. Its your loss, not theirs. I'm pretty sure legally they can't make you have it if you've bought the phone already cause the phone is yours. Not theres.
  9. macguy90

macguy90 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hate to seem like I am stuck up AT&T's you-know-what, but I'd say stick with the iPhone Data Plan! For just 30 bucks you get internet EVERYWHERE there's a strong enough cell signal. I only have an iPhone 3G but I love it & it would not be the same without data.
  10. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you buy this iPhone with a contract? Or did you buy it on pay as you go or sim free and then put another AT&T sim into it. Cause if your iPhone isn't tied to a contract AT&T cannot add it without telling you. If the iPhone was got on a contract deal then its likely part of the contract was a data plan.

But seriously, this sort of thing happened to me before and it seriously pissed me off. They have no legal right, i can't stress that enough, to add something to your contract and charge you for it without telling you.