AT&T vs. Apple: The Ultimate Showdown

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Jul 19, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If AT&T doesn't want me to use all the data I pay for, they shouldn't sell it.
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Exactly. I'm a huge data user myself, and I get average service from AT&T, shown by this recent 4.0.1 update. I always thought I got full bars in my house, but now I get 1-2 apparently.
  4. baekalfen

baekalfen Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there have never been problems in denmark! i have once tried to get FULL bandwidth on a "turbo-3g" usb modem. if a little country like denmark can at/t can!

ps.
    all might not even know what denmark is...
  5. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Denmark is the happiest place on Earth It is. Google it.

Anyways, Apple is already losing customers, why cripple their data so they lose more?
  6. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Of all of the things Apple does which piss me off, they do something like this that almost makes up for it. Good for them.
    If AT&T can't handle the service load, maybe it's time for Apple to go with another carrier. I don't have an iPhone, and I probably never will; but I can say this: I have T-Mobile. My friend loves his iPhone and thus stuck with ATT when the rest of his family switched to T-Mobile.
    I have never once dropped a call. His phone drops about 45% of the calls he makes to me.
    Oh, and I don't know anyone else with T-Mobile who has had any problems, either (save for a random few hours during which texts stopped working, which was an isolated incident.)
    I can't speak for Verizon, but I hear they're pretty good, too.
    Sprint, however, shouldn't even be allowed to be a company. I didn't get reception anywhere, and I live in a pretty populated and dense area.
  7. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree with Apple also, if AT&T cannot handle it then Apple needs to switch or AT&T should make their servers better. AT&T should NOT have gotten rid of the unlimited plans because it makes their customer experience drop an insane amount compared to other cell providers that has an unlimited plan. Since they did get rid of their unlimited plan they will be gaining a lot more money and hopefully will be putting that money towards better servers. I personally will most likely not buy an iPhone due to this fact.

I have had the exact opposite experiences from you. I have AT&T and in all the different places I have lived/been in, I have never once dropped a call (due to my cell service) and 98% of the time I always I have service. I have many friends that live in various states in the southern parts of the United States, and I have heard no complaints about getting service, dropped calls, or anything like that from them with their iPhones. None of them have the iPhone 4 so I cannot speak for it. I do find that (for a normal phone and my friends experiences with the iPhones) AT&T has a decent network.
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Why does it seem that for a huge country like the US of A, there is only ONE carrier with the iPhone? Furthermore, AT&T has such a problem-plagued data service that only brings about huge frustration for iPhone users!

In a small market like Malaysia, we already have two iPhone carriers (out of three dominant cellular players). Thus far, there hasn't been many complaints about the data connection by the two companies, which explains why so many people are iPhone users / fans here!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Therefore, if cellular network providers in Malaysia can do it, why can't a behemoth like AT&T?
  9. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The U.S. as a whole tends to be pretty poorly connected. From what I've read, the service isn't as good as it is in other countries, and the cost is higher. I think it probably has to do with the size of the country, but I'm not sure.
  10. Manny05

Manny05 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    AT&T has been working to improve the network...
    I've noticed a significant upgrade in my data speed and reception in the last 4 years. I have no complaints however, i hate how the set up their plans..

Honestly, data plan should be as follow. 1gb for 15$ and 30'for unlimited

I shouldn't have to spend 100$ for a small amount of minutes and unlimited text messages but that's just me...