iPhone 4 AT&T MMS Fix iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willy9e, Aug 1, 2010.

1. willy9e

willy9e New Member

I jailbreak my iPhone today but it caused MMS and the Cellular data to stop working. I fixed the cellular data part but the MMS is still not working. Do i need the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file? Or is there any other way to fix the mms issue? Thanks. Will.
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore from a backup
  3. willy9e

willy9e New Member

I don't have any backups from before I Jailbroke it. Would obtaining the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file fix it, if so do you know where i could find it? Thanks in advance.
  4. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No the restore from backup won't o anything.

MMS is a known issue and does not work.
  5. willy9e

willy9e New Member

Wouldn't replacing the com.apple.mms_override.plist file with the original work though?
  6. jailbreakhelper

jailbreakhelper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    you need to restore i just did this on my phone, restore do the carrier updated then jailbreak and you should have everything working. until i reboot then i lose facetime and mms again. im following planetbeing right now and he should have the update on the site shortly
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got MMS & Facetime working on my iPhone by just restoring, jailbreaking, and setting it up as a new iPhone (not restoring a backup).
  8. jailbreakhelper

jailbreakhelper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Method 1

You need to access that address from within Cydia. Go to Cydia, click on the "Manage" tab, Click on "Sources", Click "Edit", Click "Add", A pop up window will come up. Put the following address in that pop up window:

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia

Then click "Add Source". It will verify the address and add it as a source. Now, click on the "Search" tab on Cydia and search for "IphoneDelivery". After you find it, click on it and install it. After if finishes and the phone has been rebooted you will have Facetime and MMS back. Just be sure to go to Settings on the phone and make sure Facetime is enabled on the phone setting and MMS is enabled on the Messages setting.

Enjoy!

Method 2

Another manual fix for facetime/mms for those slightly more power users out there:

It's just a matter of fixing a couple of permissions,

(Install OpenSSH and) SSH into the phone and apply the following permissions:

chmod 755 /var/mobile
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/Library
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    Reboot and enable facetime in settings app.

Update 2 : You might need to reboot your phone and reset network settings for this to apply.

Update 1 : People are reporting carrier setting still not updating after installing this fix. If this happens to you, just restore your phone in DFU mode back to factory settings then jailbreak it using JailbreakMe.com whole process takes 7 minutes on the iPhone 4, 5 minutes for the restore and 2 minutes for the jailbreak.

source : MMS & Facetime fix
  9. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I installed SB settings and after the respiring, they reappeared.