AT&T Marketing Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewestHack, Jul 27, 2010.

1. NewestHack

NewestHack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My aunt offered to buy me an iPhone 3GS. I **Can't** have an AT&T contract, as my mom can't afford to pay one. So, I figure if I can buy one ($99), put it on my aunt's AT&T plan (unknown amount due), cancel the plan as soon as I buy it (early termination fee?), and cancel the 2 year contract (another fee?), I can walk away with an iPhone that's still locked up. If I buy a phone-book SIM, I can use it to activate my iPhone and use it as an iPod until I unlock it with ultrasn0w and use it with T-Mobile or another user-friendly company. My mission is to figure out how to do this so when I get it (later this week), I can tell my aunt **exactly** how much it will cost, and how to do it smoothly. If you can help, I'll be extremely happy. If you need any more info, please just let me know.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm pretty sure that, at least in the UK, if you cancel the 2 year plan, you have to pay off the remaining bill. So you'd need to pay 2 years worth of contract in one go.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You have to pay for the device, the 2 year contract, so say $40 a month.. 40 * 24 = $960 and an early termination fee.

So that's $99 + $960 + An unknown fee. You're looking at $1059+
  4. NewestHack

NewestHack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    F***... my aunt was willing to pay like 100 bucks. Do you think there's any other way to purchase it?
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just look to buy one from ebay. They are around 300-500 for a 3G but no contracts or anything.
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ Chicken
    I highly doubt they charge that much on the UK
    Here on the U.S AT&T charges $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service

So that's $99 + $55 (min voice/data plan) + $325= You are looking at $479

LMAO this made my day, not even the iPod tocuh sells for 100 bucks, good luck with that hahahahahaha
    iPod Touch maybe?
  7. NewestHack

NewestHack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, wait, that's all I have to pay to walk away with a no-contract iPhone? $479, right?
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup that's right (if you live on the USA)
    You have to cancel on the 30th day of your contract i think

BTW: If you goonna spend that much on the phone why not spend an extra $100 and get a kick ass 16GB iPhone 4. Seriously dude its not worth it to get an 8GB 3GS for just $100 less that the iPhone 4!!!

8GB iPhone 3GS $479
    Kick ass, ass whooping 16GB iPhone 4! $579

Its a great deal for the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GDS seems like a waste of money considering it is only $100 cheaper
  9. NewestHack

NewestHack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Isn't that like the same price if I just buy it from Apple without a contract? (Btw, thanks for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No problem
    And as far as i know apple don't to sell them without contract in the US at least, you have to buy it and the cancel the contract on the 30th day. So which one is it, are you gonna get the kick ass iPhone 4?