AT&T iPhone without Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymanzz, Aug 15, 2009.

1. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay guys, so I've searched around a bit on the forums and I am still undecided on this.

I'm wanting an iPhone and I'm with AT&T. However my mother refuses to get one because of the data plan. So I have 2 questions.

1. So, I was wondering if it would be possible if I would be able to get an iPhone 3G, and use my sim card with it, without paying the data plan fees. I would only use Safari when wifi is available.

2. If you are connected to wireless on your iphone, (and still have your 3g/edge stuff on) will it charge you internet access fees on your phone bill? Or do you have to turn off the 3g when using it?
  2. HackHot31

HackHot31 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you're worried about being charged for using data with out a data plan, just call customer service and I'm pretty sure they'll block any data on your phone for you so you don't get charged.
  3. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    This is absolutely correct. It is exactly what I did. And I have neve rbeen charged for data.

You will need to jailbreak and unlock your phone first. Then you will be able to use your sim card.
  4. lilpaintballer

lilpaintballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a t-mobile sim in my iphone 2g, when i try to go on safari it says im not subscribed to a data plan and to enable wifi... so i think it wont make any unnecessary charges.
  5. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you jailbroke your iphone and then downloaded SBSettings/boss prefs, and unselect the 3G/Data toggle, will everything be ok? (us without being charged for data)
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Call AT&T and tell them to block data on your contract.
  7. endrewsmith

endrewsmith New Member

is it possible to unlock 3gs without activating? cuz i dont want to buy expensive contract that comes with it.
  8. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

This is my plan buy contract cancel in a week pay first termination fee and activate with jailbreaking and pop up my old simcard then go with normal plan no data plan is this going to work
  9. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    bump for question
  10. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

so you mean this plan of mine is going to work

go and buy iphone with contract and cancel

then u jailbreak pop in old simcard that ur using and have a just normal plan with that old simcard and turn off the 3g

you can't really tell to block 3g b/c they will know that u have it and they will make u to have data plan...data plan is required at least where i live canada