AT&T has dirty business

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by berky93, Aug 28, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just had a rather dirty business experience with AT&T. I sent a news tip to engadget in the hopes theyll publish my story (because I really want people to know of the kind of things being done here)

heres the email I sent them:

I know, its really rant-y but I would really hate for a well-respected company to be able to do this kind of thing to their customers and have no one know.
  2. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In my opinion one person does not represent an ENTIRE company.

Just like one person cannot be the whole team.

You may get the guy fired, but AT&T will say they never told him to do that and all the blame will go to him.

I would let it slide if I were you since it's the guy's job that's on the line, nothing else, you won't get any gain because AT&T will just say "Nuh-uh, we did not tell him to do that."
  3. elzzigB

elzzigB Banned

They guy DOES represent AT&T at that house if he wears that AT&T outfit and goes to their house in that giant van. Same way Obama represents Democrats, McCain represents Republicans and Bush represents the Americans as a whole, even if you don't like it.
  4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree. It wont do any good to drag it out.
  5. River

River New Member

As a business owner, I make sure my techs know what they are doing. Aside from their application and resume, they have to pass a Pre-Hire/Skills Test.

I have hired a few that actually failed the test. Only because they knew bulk of what's expected, but they learned it incorrectly. Having said that, it's the responsibility of an employer to train their representative. If said employee makes a mistake, the fault is placed on the employee and then the employer.

This goes round and round - it will result in the employee getting the sack and the employer making good on the error at once.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

I know, its more because I want them to know that we at least will DO something about it.

obviously writing an article (or actually having someone else do it...) isnt going to do much, but if this is common practice (whether at&t admits it or not) at least some people will know what is causing their problem.

and I didnt write it for me, I know my family (mainly my mom) was really upset so I offered to submit an article online somewhere, and of course she jumped on the idea.

(she also called the sprinkler company to tell them that the guys who fixed it were so amazing, because to find it they did something their job didnt even require)
  7. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Honestly what he did is common. Its just unfortunate that your sprinkler systems wire resembled the one used but the communication companies. Most people will remove as much old wiring as possible. It helps so that techs that later work on the site dont have to decipher what wires they need. Even if you decide to swap back to Comcast they would likely run a new line anyway.
  8. evel_king

evel_king New Member

Can we see those pics plz?