Assistence Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alpacaman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Greetings,

I recently got an iPod touch 2g 32gb, and it was/is still great, then one day, I decided to bite the bullet and jailbreak, all went well, if a little below expectations. My themes were getting a little messed up, so I decided to uninstall Winterboard. Cydia uninstalled it fine, and came up with the restart option. Being to 2g jailbreak, and my computer recently failing, I did not want to restart, as I would have to try on a different computer. I put it into DFU mode later when I finally decided to try it on my laptop. I tried to reboot using a gui boot tool on my xp laptop, but no luck. Nothing. I tried at school, on the macs, but itunes failed to detect the DFU ipod so I could not restore it there. I do not know that it is in DFU for sure, due to nothing happening at all when I try anything. I appears bricked, the only way I have been able to get a computer to recognise it is xp coming up saying there is an unrecognised device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, Alpacaman.
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *Sigh*

Here we go again, learn to use search button.
    Connect your ipod touch to your pc with a usb cable
    Hold down home and power button for 10 seconds.
    Let go of power, but keep on holding the home button until itunes pops up
    (holding the home button can take 20 seconds +.)

Itunes will say something like this "your ipod needs to be restore"
    Close itunes, then use a gui to reboot.
  3. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think it's in DFU but on macs they don't detect DFU on 10.5.6. Try to use the touchpwn program posted here on a pc. If it doesn't work make sure you have libusb installed.
  4. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    get cywoods GUI, install LIBusb and the c++ that comes with it and redo steps 5 to the end.
  5. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He isn't connected to his computer, he gets the "ipod not recognize thing" Which is why he can't use the gui.
  6. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was afraid someone would suggest DFU, despite me saying it has been tried. I have been trying DFU mode form the start, it has simply not working, neither has soft rester (holding home and plugging in). That is my problam. Oh, and the mac I am using isn't updated (It is at point four, not five, I have forgotton the precise numbers)so it is pre anti jailbreak glitch.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    *MiniBump* I really need an answer to this please.