Assistance Required.. Apply within..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NewUser, May 3, 2009.

1. NewUser

NewUser New Member

Hey Guys... ‘Ill cut the story short, I’ve Just been given an I pod Touch.

Now, how do I use the thing?
    I can work out obvious things, like how to get my Itunes Library Synch’d up and the likes, however that is it... That’s the extent of my knowledge...
    I can’t manage to make anything else work as such...

Currently I have a wireless internet connection at my home.
    I'm noticing that the Safari Browser, You Tube and Maps, Will not work unless connected to WIFI..So basically this Touch is under-utilized

So I Went into settings and for some unknown reason, it was on, but not finding any networks, which is really bizarre as there are a million networks around my Units. Turning this OFF and ON, Didn't find a network...
    Dunno why, when my Laptop is sitting there running....

I tired to use the "User guide" on the I pod, but obviously it won’t work

So in Summing up... is there someone out there that wouldn't mind being my Guru and assisting me with these lil tiny issues I'm Having?

I’ve been frequenting this forum for a while now, Just searching for info and the likes that I require, however I'm starting to get really confused and I don’t want to flood this Forum for every little thing I need help with

Thanks for taking time to read this Post

Ben
  2. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    OK, let's use the list format?

1. Yes. WiFi is like oxygen to the iPod Touch.

2. The wireless chip in the iPod Touch wouldn't work as well as your laptops. I'd try establishing your own WiFi, or just walking down to Starbucks or wherever is free WiFi for you.

3. Most people in this forum have their iPods or iPhones "jailbreaked", which is a process of changing the firmware (the basic layout for the device) to implement it to our needs.

4. I'd toy around with your iPod Touch for a while. Check if the WiFi does work, if it doesn't, take it to the Apple store. Try the AppStore, 50% of the apps are free and are entertaining.

5. If you get bored from that, I'd suggest jailbreaking. It isn't really dangerous, and it allows you to have different themes and cool toys and emulaters, such as a Gameboy Advance emulator so you can haz pokemanz on your touch!111

Have fun!
  3. NewUser

NewUser New Member

Okay, So I finally have the WIFI worked out..
    Next issue, how on earth do I remove applications that I have downloaded from the App Store?

I looked under "Settings" and Even in Itunes, I had to reset my touch to have it removed

Also When charging the battery. It doesn't stay on the lightning Bolt, but another USB looking icon, Is this normal and still charging?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    1. To delete icons you just hold them down till they wiggle then press the X in the corner......

2. Yes? Means its fully charged.
  5. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Hold down the app until they all start jiggling and then tap the x.