iOS 4.1 As said in the contract, which they broke.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NewsMan, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NewsMan

NewsMan Banned

It's in the end user license agreement to not use the modified versions of iOS.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3743

So is jailbreaking breaking the Apple contract?
    And the stuff on that site, I have experienced and heard about too.

Quote from the Apple iTunes Support person 'Pravardhan':

"Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues"

On an additional note, this guy is the best! He helped me A LOT
  2. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Basically that just means that the warranty is void...
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It is well known that Jailbreaking violates the EULA.
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes you're breaking Apples contract, which leads to warranty deny.
  5. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Unless of course you just restore it before bringing it in, in which case theyll never know

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's still an infract, but anyways, if you do something "forbidden" and nobody has any proof of it, it's like it never happened

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

A EULA is not the same as a legal binding contract. Its stands for End User Licence Agreement. A EULA is exactly what the name implies a agreement between people or entities (company and you in this case). The agreement is you mod the software or the device and they don't fix it for you. The reason is simple: They don't support fixing others mistakes. Because people could easily use that to take advantage of Apple and get free stuff (break your iPod on purpose and get a new one).

People seem to think Apple hates jailbreaking like crazy. This is misconception. Apple doesn't support it. They don't want to deal with devices that have been broken by jailbreaking because they don't create that process. Also, they put sign checks in there for a reason. 1.) To "help" you (stop malware; I know its BS...) 2.) Stop piracy. Piracy is an issue too. Probably the biggest. PSP has gone under because of it. That's why developers don't make as many PSP games, the market is bad due to piracy (now nobody buys games or systems for it because none are comming out... if they do they pirate usually; not everyone but alot) That's why they do what they do.

Now, I will admit some people in Apple think jailbreaking is evil. But they are idiots. This is the real corporate process behind it. Its just easier to have the company validate everything on the system to stop piracy than other methods. But in the end, if someone wants to do it bad enough, they will.
  8. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    • Political discussion
    Obviously piracy is a big problem of it, but I think Apple doesn't "allow" jailbreaking is because they're control freaks and want to make it so easy a blindfolded monkey could use it.

The first is just that: They like to control EVERY aspect of your device (remember how long it took to get 3rd party apps? and even then only ones they approve), it's like a communist country: It's "for their own good".

The second thing is that they want to to be VERY user friendly. They don't want new users to accidentally jailbreak / screw something up.

They could just as easily just allow you do to whatever the heck you want with it (obviously this wouldn't be a switch in settings or something, it'd be more complicated), and then refuse to service iPods that are modified.
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    So if you restore don't you think they will know you jailbroke unless you restored a backup?
  10. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

I know for a fact that don't know. I restored mine and diagnostic was ran on it. I saw the screen. He showed it to me. I saw a few of the checks. They check for alot of things. I'll bet one of them is system software check (he did scroll through pretty fast). Almost all of it relies on the software. They can tell if it was misused, but a restore can prevent that knowledge too.

Even though if you totally restore (and DON'T USE a backup) they won't know. They can however, tell if restored recently. This can be a tip off that you did it because of a jailbreak. I doubt they will jump to this conclusion though. My warrenty was honored even though I broke their agreement (I recieved a brand new iPod). They had no way of telling. I think these rumors that you'll get no service if you jailbreak serve a purpose too. But I'm not sure if it I can go into it as it may border on a political discussion.