As Requested Here is My Review

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yanks111890, Sep 11, 2009.

1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The 3G Touch is physically identical to the 2G.

The new features in the 3.1.1 firmware are nice additions. (I'm assuming all models have this)

Now to the good stuff.

Voice Control - Works well and no voice recognition needed. Everything it is supposed to do it does and is really funny and cool to use. It makes it much easier if you are on the bus or driving to just hold the home button and speak, instead of pulling your ipod out.

The New Headphones - The Headphones are the same with the addition of a mic and volume feature. Also, you can pause and play by tapping the center. So far it is very easy to use and again makes it much more convenient for the user. The only disappointment is you can't change tracks on the remote.

Speed vs. Jailbroken 1G - Enormously faster as expected. I know the jailbreak slows down the iPod, but it is about 10x faster.

Speed vs. 2G (Identical Music and Video Apps (2G Non-Jailbroken)) - Just roaming around the iPod and starting and stopping music shows no noticeable improvement. When playing games and loading in Safari there is some noticeable difference. I played Need for Speed in both and I can clearly see the difference in speed between the two devices. The transition in frames is definitely smooth in the new 3G compared with the old.

If you are a 2G owner and feel the need to upgrade ALL cases and protectors WILL fit on the 3G

My Recommendation - If you have a 1G upgrade because it is so much faster. If you have a 2G don't bother because it is not that big of an improvement. Much of the iPod just made it more convenient for the user to stop and start music. The speed is noticeable when playing big games, but overall not worth the upgrade.

OO and here is my story about getting it: Best Buy employees are retarded. I went there first and the lady tried selling me an old 32 for 400 and told me to just get a price adjustment cause there's "No difference between the two". I put her in her place and told her everything about the new iPod. THen i went over too Apple. Those sneaky people tried to hide the new iPods and were pushing people to buy the old models. When i asked about the new iPods the employees were ready to kill me but nobody heard me asking so the uninformed public kept buying all the old models for them.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

+1 on the awesomeness of the 3rd gen
  3. pCam

pCam Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice review. Make one at YouTube. Guaranteed for lots of views.

There is a way to change tracks with the included remote headphones.

Double Tap center = Skip to next,
    Triple Tap center = Previous
  4. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    im not one for talking lol and my webcam is a p.o.s and i dont have a camera
  5. N130

N130 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nice review, I hope my 2G lasts long enough to see the camera iPod touch.

I think they're trained to sell the old stock thats why its good to be in the know about these things because you will get gypped.
  6. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Haha
    Cool story
    Best buy people don't even know what they're talking about sometimes..
  7. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    any questions about anything let me know.

btw: i have delivered the serial to chronic so hopefully the jb is soon too
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I've found huge differences in speed. Like playing a video, dragging to a new time is instant, while there was a delay on the 2G (and especially 1G)
  9. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea i mean un jailbroken same exact songs videos and apps the 2g is definetly slow games wise and moving things around. opening up an app though is very very similar. 1g is immensly slower though in all categories
  10. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thanks for the review! I'm upgrading from a 1g, so i'll be pretty satified.