As far as getting the app pack free gets

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by Exosion, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I just did some experimenting. Once the app pack is on your ipod, it's not coming off unless you restore. This means a shared file could go around and people [on the honor system] would authorize their itunes with the purchaser's account info [meaning someone donates $20, then gets a new itunes account removing their credit card, etc] and then syncs their ipod so they get the apps. Then, deauthorize the account and pass it on.
  2. rmccallum3

rmccallum3 New Member

Didn't you already buy the app pack? How about you get it started then?
  3. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Because some of the attitudes of the people on this forum really make me want to avoid giving up my account.

Someone else more trustworthy might want to.
  4. rmccallum3

rmccallum3 New Member

Yeah I get that vibe too man. If you wanna PM me I'll respect your account and see if this works.
  5. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It would be safer to start the account with an iTunes prepaid card, that way no credit card or valid name or address would ever have been associated with the account.

It's a nice idea, but someone will screw it up. What's to say some selfish person wont change the password, keep the account, and forever be able to use the app pack.
  6. mcsampson

mcsampson New Member

Pluto has a good point, that would be BOUND to happen.
  7. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even if everyone was considerate and honest and the plan works, don't you think it will look suspicious to Apple that this single account has been authorized and deauthorized with hundreds of different IP addresses in a short period of time?