Artificial knee: $435,000

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, Mar 5, 2010.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

This is an (obviously fake) advertisement I created for an artificial knee replacement. It was created for DeviantArt's Repo Men artiforg contest. (http://news.deviantart.com/article/110075/

I was a little worried about how this would turn out but I'm very pleased with the results.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Comments and criticism are appreciated.

For the full-sized version (1280x800 pixels) visit the Deviation page here: Click Here

Update: I updated the file to fix some minor errors such as inconsistent stroke widths. No major changes have been made.

Update2: This update is a little bigger. I changed some of the textures to give a more realistic look. I also added the bar code identification plate and a few more highlight markers.
  2. CashProuductions

CashProuductions New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats cool

What program did u use to creaqte it?
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so where did you get the price? just made it up?
  4. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Obviously fake because those specs are horrible for a prosthetic knee, but it looks nice.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

I made the model/renders in 3ds Max, and then the rest was done in Photoshop.

I made up the price, looking at some of the prices of the "products" on theunioncares.com (the movie's website. Always good to have inspiration.)

And maybe the specs suck for today, but in 2057 nanomolecular materials could revolutionalize the manufacture of polymers...yeah I just kinda made everything up. But it looks pretty, right?

Please Register or Log in to view images