ARRGHHH! My ipod's stereo jack isn't working!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by benzin711, Jan 23, 2008.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just out of the blue, my stereo jack in my itouch started to not work. I can only get sound out of the right ear buds but not the left. I have to jiggle the jack to get sound out. I tired a different pair of headphones and it was the same result. Now I have to send it to Apple and have them fix it. I am curious, has anyone else has had/having this problem?
  2. dogman

dogman New Member

yes i had the same problem (one of many as i went through 5 defective ipod touches).

your ipod is hosed - you'll have to either send it back to apple by mail or go to an apple store. i recommend going to the store - they will replace it.

some advice - try to get a new retail box instead of a "warranty replacement." the replacements tend to be earlier serial numbers and are riddled with defects.
  3. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

It could be possilble that it is the headphones or software loaded on it. I would try new headphones... if that doesn't work I would force restore then try it. And you can't whine about doing a force restore since you'll need to do that before you take it back to the store. Jailbreaking voids your iPod's warranty, and installing the iPhone apps on 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 without the Software Upgrade is illegal.
  4. dogman

dogman New Member

he already tried different headphones. i can tell you from experience that this is a real problem... defective hardware.
  5. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Yeah Dog, I know that, I'm just saying that he's going to need to restore before he sends it back to Apple so he mine as well test it after he restores it... I'm not doubting your experiences or anything. BTW: I like your avatar

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. dogman

dogman New Member

i really doubt a restore will do anything, but i guess its worth a shot...

when i went to the apple store, the "Genius" plugged in his headphones, and like 2 seconds later pulled them out and went to the back room for a replacement. seemed like he had seen this before.
  7. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea, I'm defiantly going to restore it before anyone at apple sees it. Or else my warranty would be voided. I only have the basic warranty for it, so would the apple store replace it with the basic warranty? Even though I sent in a repair request online?
  8. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

9. vurb

vurb New Member

My cousins new ipod classic's stereo jack didn't work from day 1, at all.
  10. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea Ill just take it the the apple store tomorrow and get a brand new one. Maybe I'll even get those new apps that they released, even though I already have them and more

Please Register or Log in to view images