arranging icons

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nikeman, May 10, 2009.

1. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there an easy way to arrange all of the icons on springboard? Right now I ave about 6 pages and none of them are full because I went through and deleted a bunch of apps I do not use. I tried to sync it with itunes thinking that it would rearrange all the icons for me but it didn't. Is it possible through openSSH or maybe an app through Cydia or something? It takes a while to drag all the icons to fill up each page...

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: I just want to consolidate the apps to minimize the amount of pages I have. I don't care whate order they are all in..
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You tap and hold an icon until they start wiggling, and then drag them to another page.
  3. Just do what spoonforknife said there isn't a simpler way to do it, good luck btw, it takes a while.
  4. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so its not possible just to move them all in alpha order or anything? it has to be done manually?
  5. mrmet93

mrmet93 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    correct
  6. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What I find helps is using the dock to move icons across a long number of pages. Move something out of the dock temporarily and put the icon you want to move across in the dock. Tap to the right or left of the dots at the bottom of the springboard to move the pages and drop your icon in, without messing up everything. Five icon dock makes this even easier.