ARM Assembly Subforum?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by ihax_ipt, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well? It would be nice if there was a subforum for more advanced iPod enthusiasts/developers to discuss ARM Assembly, decompiling, reversing, etc.

Please take it into consideration : )

Thanks.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    We don't have an excess of experienced iPhone developers, forget about assembly programmers.

Please Register or Log in to view images

That said, I myself am interested in this, and I'm sure others are as well, but the demand is not nearly significant to warrant the creation of sub-forum.

If you have anything to post about ARM assembly, reversing, or anything of that nature, post it in the "regular" development section.

As I said before, this is cool stuff, and pertinent information is hard to find, so it would be great to share some knowledge here.
  3. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I see what you mean. But don't you think that it would be of more use than some subforums that aren't used at all? I mean, there are plenty of subforums that never have posts, so yeah I don't see how one more could hurt. Plus adding an ARM Assembly forum may possibly bring back some developers who have left IPTF for various reasons. You are correct, it is hard to find pertinent information. That's why I hope that bgizzle includes this : )
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm not against the creation of the sub-forum; I am an advocate, but only if a need exists. I suggest we get some lively discussions going, and if its sustainable and there is sufficient interest, bgizzle can create the sub-forum and we relocate.
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Just discuss it in the general development section. If there is heavy activity on this topic a section will be created.
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

IMO, the only use for disassemble code is to hack games and whatnot

if this was made then hacks would become more available and might ruin gaming to some
  7. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Your opinion is fairly narrow then.
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    But this would be a low-level development section, as in directly communicating with hardware, opening up possibilities for major advances in third party development.

Nothing to do with hacking 'games and whatnot'.
  9. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That would be interesting, although if the idea does pull through perhaps to appeal to the less experienced there could be informational posts.