Argh I Hate Dabs.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DemonDuck, Oct 16, 2007.

1. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

I ordered ages ago, they said it'd be here on the 8th of October, and the availability counter went shorter and shorter, went to 1-2 days, then on the 8th, changed to 11th... so again... went shorter and shorter... again 1-2 days... then changes suddenly to 1-2 weeks!! ARGH!

Then i check my account, it says due for delivery on the 18th... the counter got to 1-2 days, untill today, I checked my account, now it says the 26th!!!!!!!

The little bastards are messing me about. I went crazy on the phone. I asked them why it kept getting delayed and they said:

"It is not being delayed sir, we are just getting our stock and shipping them out straight away to people who've ordered, it is just unlucky that you are not first in line."

Surely they knew how many people there were before me in the pre-order list... they should have put it down as the 26th straight away, not pretend I was first in line and just delay my order... ARGH I am so annoyed

I went and bought one from amazon instead though now... which should be here on thursday hopefully... express delivery means courier right? If they send it through royal mail i'm going to be ipodless for weeks with the strike going on...

That's another thing i can rant about!

If you're not happy with your f***ING salary, then why did you apply in the first place you wankers, stop wasting public money and time and get back to work.

ARGH

rant over
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Sorry to hear that CyberDuck - but Dabs.com are total wankers.

To be honest if it even was dispatched they use Initial sh*ttylink so you'd be lucky to get it at all.

Amazon Express Delivery is usually DHL in the UK. You should have it within 48 hours of ordering.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

<--- Completely oblivious to any Mail Strike in over there. Could the delay possibly be because the site isn't getting any in en masse because of Mail Issues are causing a strain on the entire shipping industry in general?

PS, does everybody really use the word Wankers, or is that just a stereotype we Americans hold dear? Kind of like how every time I go to Canada I am shocked each time to hear them say "..., eh."

Weird.
  4. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Sadly it's Apple Europe being disorganised. They aren't even telling the Apple Retail stores when they're getting stock in, third party suppliers have even less of an idea. Some say they're expecting 100 units and end up with 15.

Well I say wankers lots, but then I'm quite stereotypically British I suppose!
  5. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

Yeah "wankers" is a popular term for people over here... even though technically, we are all wankers... that's a nice thought.

PS Do people really call people Douchebag over there?
  6. SkylarEC

Seriously, every other word that comes out of my mouth is DoucheBag. I'm not exaggerating. It's a New England thing, I think. We say it more here than anywhere else in the country I've lived.
  7. sagsi

sagsi New Member

New England ... and the other word you obviously use is wicked!
  8. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

+1 I say douche, doucher, douchebag way too often. I live in California, though. Not too many people use it here compared to other explicatives.
  9. SkylarEC

That's funny, every time I've been to Souther California, I hear people say that all the time. ...must be me.
  10. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

What about adding "ass" to everything? Do you do that?

Like... I'd say, "Funky trousers"

You say "Funky ass trousers"

??? I never understood that.

This thread was never going to stay on topic was it really...