Area on my iPod touch that's lighter than the rest of the screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch_9714, Mar 26, 2009.

1. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

I have an iPod touch 2g. While my iPod was booting up, I noticed a small distortion on my screen. And I do mean small. However I'm concerned as to if this is "normal" or not. Anyways on the upper left hand corner of my screen, there's an area that's a bit lighter than the rest of the screen, only noticeable when the screen is black. The area is about a mm tall, and 15 mm wide. It's only noticeable when you pay very close attention to it, and even then it's not that noticeable. However for some reason it's bugging me a little, 'cause I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to iPods/mp3 players. Is this type of thing normal to a certain degree, or is the iPod touch screen supposed to be flawless, in terms of even coating on the screen? Should I consider taking it to my local Apple store and have a genius take a look at it? Does anyone else have minor things like this on their screen as well? Thank you.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Some of your pixels might be stuck or something...
    Or it might be the iPod Screen itself, but there's a sticky on fixing stuck pixels. Try that first.
  3. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

There are no stuck pixels on the screen. But is there a chance, that the Stuck Pixel fixer might fix the issue?

EDIT: Sorry in my original reply, I typed in a link. I didn't know I'm not supposed to at the time.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe you put pressure on that lighter part of the screen? thats what have caused it. Just return to the apple store and get a new replacement
  5. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah if its under warranty they will fix it for sure.