are you allowed to put two ipods on one itunes account?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchedatouch, Oct 8, 2007.

1. itouchedatouch

itouchedatouch New Member

because when I get my ipod touch in november I want to be able to use my nano as a jogging ipod.
  2. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

yes, each ipod can have up to 5 accounts on it, and your account can be registered to 5 computers, so as long as you're using the same cpu, it wont eb an issue
  3. nixem311

nixem311 New Member

well hmmm let me ask you this... i move offices alot. can I remove old computers ect.. whats the deal there.. or will i have to reset/reload all from my main comp after moving 5 offices
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

ok, heres how it goes.

the computer with which you previously performed a sync, those are the settings from which the iPod inherits.

if you are on a computer with a Nintendodude@mac.com login name with 67 free songs and iTunes plus enabled, do a sync on that computer and your ipod now has that info. careful though, if you are like me you have many computers running various accounts. if i syinc with my others that dont have the free song credit, and buy a song, i have to pay for the song when i purchase it on the ipod

also, even if yo have credit for free songs, the ipods interface does not tell you that. it just buys it and thats that.
  5. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

The rules for apple drm is that each account can play the music on up to five authorized computers and an unlimited number of ipods. but the ipod can only sync with one computer at a time. You can also use the ipod to transfer purchases , say between home and work so both computers have the same purchased music.
  6. itouchedatouch

itouchedatouch New Member

Thanks everyone